Sunday, May 10, 2009

Love your wife!

First off, Happy Mother's Day! My mom after hearing of my intention to join Freemasonry, called me and reminded me that her father had been a Knight of Pythias, my grandma and she were both involved their respective orders within KP, and that my step-fathers dad was a Mason. It's kind of funny how when you start some dialogue about Freemason's and suddenly they start popping out of the woodwork.

My wife has not always had the most positive opinion of the Freemasons. Her ex's father was one and her opinion of him is less than positive to say the least, and it generated some fairly heated discussions about my reasons for looking in to joining Freemasonry! At one point it seemed she was so against the idea that I may have to call and withdraw my request. But after many debate filled nights and tense feelings my lovely wife came to me yesterday morning, with her eyes still wet from tears. 'Whats up I asked', to which she replied 'I am going to support you 100% to be a Freemason'.

I sometimes forget that my wife knows me better than anyone else alive. We have been married for 9 years now and she is the the best woman I could ever hope for. She is the direction for my strength and focus and I could not imagine life with out her. I am a better man for knowing her and I hope I can be a better man for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment