Saturday, October 17, 2009

Final Weekend!



Well it is only a matter of days now before my initiation. Yesterday my son and I drove down from Kamloops and talked about my forthcoming initiation, how I began the journey and what it all means to me! Because he lives a fair distance away we don't get alot of time together, it was really cool to be able to talk about my reasons for joining and his genuine intrest in the subject!


I also spoke to my mentor last week, and we arranged for him to pick me up and take me to the Lodge on Tuesday night, to help with introductions and get me ready prior to the ceremony! There will be three of us on Tuesday night, nice that there will be a couple of other fellows to work with as we move through the degrees! My mom keeps asking me when it is going to happen, I think she is more excited than I am! Suit has been pressed, shirt ironed and a new blue tie already to go! Let the journey begin!


P.S. Shout out to Fred, Rob, and Drew; Three men who have been instrumental in showing me the true meaning of Brotherly love and who personify Freemasonry, can't wait to join you as a brother!

4 comments:

  1. Hi LS. I sent you an e-mail about our 1st Degree next Friday that you can come and see.

    Justa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, again....

    I told you that it would not be that long a time in truth until you are initiated. You will soon be taking a profound first step when you step into the Lodge for the first time. Yet, I must say that from what I have seen of you, you have already been "made a Mason in your heart". The initiation just makes true what already has been happening. You'll have an awe-inspring and humbling night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Freddo. I have to get major etiquette lessons right quick as I am heading to a Lodge in Vancouver a few nights later to see a 1st degree done from the sidelines. I have to work during the day on Tuesday, but have tomorrow off! You are so right the month went by so fast, we were entertaing some form of family the past three weekend and tomorrow will be my wife and I's first true day-off alone together. No obligations to meet, gonna be a great day to sit back and reflect on what I am truly grateful for and blessed with! And top off the night with Zombieland!

    ReplyDelete