Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Brother Trudeau, Mt. Zion #120

What a great night! It was incredibly moving and surreal! I was the first of 3 candidates to arrive last night and after meeting the few brothers that had arrived early, I had the opportunity to stand back and watch other men arrive, greeting each other with eyes full of respect and true friendship!

There is so much I could put here about my experience last last night, but at the risk of sounding like a big sappy baby, or revealling info which may be better left as a mystery to those seeking to petition. I'll keep it short and sweet. I am looking forward to getting to know the men of Mt.Zion #120, learning about the craft and my position in it!

Now to get my Obligation memorized!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats, bro! Don't worry about sounding sappy; one of my first blog posts was about how Masons are all really hokey at heart.

    I'll bet you're looking forward to getting your implants, and the ride in the black helicopters, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Brother Jean-Paul! (So honored to be able to call you that..)

    I know you enjoyed your EA work, so did I. Good luck on your Obligation...break it down into small pieces and it will make it easier to memorize.

    Anyway, welcome to the Fraternity (formally) and enjoy the EA ceremony you are going to on Friday.

    PS--the reptilian stuff...it comes in the punch served at dinner...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. J-P will enjoy Friday better than I will. I've learned tonight I will have to take the chair, meaning I'm W.M., D.C. and Secretary that evening.

    Justa

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole night was fantastic, except for a very embarrassing part which I may or may not relate in the moths to come. Apart from that one brief moment it was alot of fun. After the meeting we stayed for the festive board, toasts, some great homeade chili and sandwiches! Looking forward to the next meeting and my trip to Southern Cross #44 on Friday, not even a week as an EA and visiting another Lodge....sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Justa, you are going to one busy Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, Justa...you sure will be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fred, that isn't quite the half of it. The next afternoon, the almost-DeMolay Chapter here conferred the two degrees and I was in the chair for them. I'll be damned if I got to the obligation and couldn't remember how to start it. I've got too much Masonic ritual in my head. It is the DeMolay's last meeting before they get Letters Temp. and have an installation and thus can officially operate.

    It was unfortunate Bro. Trudeau couldn't stay for the Lodge's Festive Board. We have a number of unique customs; every couple of years we get a visit from some Chilliwack brethren who come to see them. It was nice of him to come and I hope the visit was educational.

    Justa

    ReplyDelete