Thursday, July 16, 2009

False Representation!

Has anyone seen somebody wearing or displaying the symbols of FM, but they weren't a Mason at all?

I had an experience yesterday which left me with a couple of questions. A man approached my desk with a beautiful belt buckle displaying the square and compass. As a petitioner it immediately caught my eye and I began to ask him a few questions during our business to broach the subject without being completely overt. I asked him where he lived, he answered with the same city I live in. Sweet, I thought. Then I asked what lodge he belonged to, to which he replied, 'Oh you mean my belt buckle, I got it in Mexico. My name is Gordon, I like the G in the middle.' He also said he gets asked quite frequently about about, and more or less the same queries: Where are you from, what lodge etc.

I was kind of disappointed, I thought I had a Mason from my hometown and possibly the lodge I was petitioning standing in front of me. Was pretty bummed for the rest of the day! Why would you continue to display symbols such as these and be questioned on a regular basis only to reply in the negative everytime? Maybe he had no idea of the richness of the symbols and the close brotherhood that keeps and guards these symbols. Too bad!

6 comments:

  1. That's just tacky, in my opinion. It's like wearing the oak leaves of a Lieutenant Colonel without even being in the service! (US)

    I was told that in my Lodge, we aren't allowed to wear Masonic symbols until we're Raised to the third degree, since only then do we understand the full meaning of the symbols. I've been looking at some jewelry myself, but I won't wear it until after I am Raised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I was raised, my Brothers informed me that it is important to swap the "Legal Information" to make sure that you know he is a Mason, not expelled, suspended, clandestine, or just a poser; and also by strict trial and examination. All of which your Lodge will teach you.

    I do agree, it is tacky for someone to even purchase the emblem without even earning the right to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fellow, does that mean that if a Mason met a 'layman'(for lack of a better term) would he deny that he was a Mason. I only asked the two questioned stated in my post, pretty benign ones at that. I work in an industry where I literally meet men from all over North America everyday. After I am raised and learn the 'Legal Information' I will have a small message/question that I will place on the back of my computer monitor that will make it clear to fellow Masons that they are in the presence of a brother! Until then I will still look for rings and the like, hoping to meet more men seeking Light!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well...for you, you should not wear anything until you are raised to MM. But I do know people who are not Masons who wear their grandfather's rings, etc. I don't have a real problem with it. They are demonstrating their respect and admiration for one of our departed Brothers as well as a relative that was dear to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I have already resigned myself to no jewelry till after MM degree, I'd hate to be questioned and then look the fool because I couldn't answer properly. It would be a mark against me and mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fuck you all anti-Christ worshipmen!!
    one day i will kill you all by my sword!!
    this one is for real!!

    ReplyDelete