Monday, August 10, 2009

Weird Dream!

Had the weirdest dream last night! Drempt I was present at some kind of Lodge meeting where a vote was taking place. The room was dimly lit and I could make out many men sitting around the edges of the room. I was holding some kind of ballot box and members were coming up and placing their votes. Then one of my customers from work appeared, not one I would immediatly think was a Mason, and whipped out a pack of cards to help him make his decision! I was freaked, he was using the fall of a card decide his vote! He then took a seat outside the room we were all in, but still within my line of sight. Then an elderly woman entered the room from another doorway across from me. She was dressed in white with a shawl over her head but not covering her face. Suddenly someone turned all the lights on, and I was was bekoned out to the foyer by my customer who had been waiting there since he cast his 'vote'. I went over and sat down beside him. The next thing I know I am being introduced to all the men inside as they file out of the room.

That was basically the last thing I remember about the dream, it was incredibly real. It was kind of unsettling as the vote on my petition takes place in about 3 weeks! I have had these kinds of dreams all the time since I was a kid, always before some important event! Not that I am worried about the vote going negativly, but I guess the possibility is always there. I must admit I can be a pessimist, usually doubting my own abilities and worry about how people view me! Not that I have any specific reasons, I almost always rise to the occasion when push comes to shove, and always put forth the best face I can and give all that I am able to complete any task given to me! Maybe it is the fear of failure that makes me even more aware of the fact that I must try and do my best to go above and beyond what is expected? With the vote coming up fast, I am expecting more of these kinds of dreams. I just hope that I can actually get some sleep!

1 comment:

  1. I never had dreams about my vote, but I was worried I wouldn't get voted in for some picayune reason or another...maybe they think I'm too religious? (We have a painting of Christ up in the living room). Maybe they don't like my employer, the Federal Gov't? Maybe they think I'm too young? Etc., etc., etc.....

    I've been having some weird dreams about my initiation, though. Dreams about being led in and being asked to give a long recitation from memory...dreams about my pants falling down while being initiated, dreams about the Worshipful Master wearing some sort of weird mask or something like that...dreams about creepy organ music and fog in the Lodge room...dreams about there being only three candles around and stuff being chanted in some weird language....my subconscious has been going whacko with some of the things in the dream..including my whole team from work being there and asking, "Is he worthy, is he worthy, is he worthy?" Etc.

    Imagnination can be weird. It probably won't be anywhere near as bad as my subconscious seems to think it is....

    ReplyDelete